- 95% of people who go on commercial diets “fail” within 3-5 years.
- Obesity is a disease and therefore not the overweight persons fault.
- Most people (including many physicians) still believe that being overweight is due to a simple “lack of discipline”. You obviously overeat and under exercise.
- The people in #3 (including many physicians) are wrong.
- In May 1997 the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) planned to remove the diet drugs pondimin and redux from the “controlled substances” list, thus making them more accessible to patients.
- In September 1997 (4 months later) pondimin and redux were withdrawn from the marketplace by the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) Based on a highly erroneous “survey”.
- To lose 1 lb. of fat (3500 calories) a person weighing 180 lbs. would have to walk at 4 miles an hour, for 7 and a half hours, and cover 30 miles.
- The answer to #7 is true.
- No disease (with the exception of vaccination and asepsia) has ever shown progress in treatment without the use of drugs (hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipedemia, obesity, arthritis, ulcer disease, Parkinson’s, to name a few).
- To date scientists have discovered over 200 genes associated with obesity.
- All of the above statements are true, including this one… Questions?? Call Weight No More for additional information or to speak personally with Dr. Skversky in reference to our medication assisted medical weight loss program
Individual results may vary with treatment.