What Medications are Prescribed for Weight Loss?
Patients are usually prescribed a combination of a few medications.
(not all of those listed below!) Medications that we currently use include:
- Appetite suppressants: Phentermine, Adipex, Diethylpropion, Didrex
- Qysmia, Belviq
- Antidepressants: SSRI’S (Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Luvox)
- SNRI’S (Effexor, Savella, Pristiq)
- NDRI’S (Welbutrin SR,XL Aplenzin)
- Anti-diabetics: Glucophage XR, Glumetza
- Anti-convulsants: Topamax, Topiramate, Zonegran, Zonisamide
Above medications are often used in combination to suppress appetite, control cravings, improve insulin sensitivity and lower the metabolic set-point.
Individual results may vary with treatment.