- 95% of people who go on commercial diets “fail” within 3-5 years.
- Obesity is a disease and therefore not the overweight persons fault.
- Most people (including many physicians) still believe that being overweight is due to a simple “lack of discipline”. You obviously overeat and under exercise.
- The people in #3 (including many physicians) are wrong.
- In May 1997 the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) planned to remove the diet drugs pondimin and redux from the “controlled substances” list, thus making them more accessible to patients.
- In September 1997 (4 months later) pondimin and redux were withdrawn from the marketplace by the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) Based on a highly erroneous “survey”.
- To lose 1 lb. of fat (3500 calories) a person weighing 180 lbs. would have to walk at 4 miles an hour, for 7 and a half hours, and cover 30 miles.
- The answer to #7 is true.
- No disease (with the exception of vaccination and asepsia) has ever shown progress in treatment without the use of drugs (hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipedemia, obesity, arthritis, ulcer disease, Parkinson’s, to name a few).
- To date scientists have discovered over 200 genes associated with obesity.
- All of the above statements are true, including this one….
Individual results may vary with treatment.